2.1.10

Oh la la

As I said in my earlier posts, my Christmas holiday was fabulous. I have such a wonderful, caring family and I am beyond grateful to have everyone in my life healthy and safe. I hope most of you felt the same way about your holiday.
I have a few really nice purses because when it comes to bags, I prefer quality over quantity [I never buy purses full price because I'm broke most of the time]. When it comes to clothing, I like quantity [except in outerwear] but I like to have a few expensive pairs of jeans and a few expensive wool/cashmere sweaters. Most of the time I buy my clothes from Forever21, Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, Target, and Nordstrom. When I have money I'll go to some websites like net-a-porter, topshop, etc. I really don't use Sephora for makeup because I can't justify spending $20 on eyeshadow [if it's a color I use daily or foundation/face powder, then I will splurge occasionally]. Overall I'm careful with my money [except buying coffee is a weakness] and my parents have taught me how to be conscientious when it comes to saving [unfortunately, I tend to "forget" about that advice and if I spot a sale, I may start foaming from the mouth.. -.-]

This year, my mom was a ferocious [more life 5'1, 100lb] bargain shopper. Because of her "ferociousness" I got lovely gifts and I am so excited to get some wear out of them. I'm used to buying everything with my own money, so I look forward to a few free goodies during the holiday season [that sounds incredibly shallow but it's true, JUDGE ME]. My mom went to the outlets that are a few hours away, with some friends and they did most of their holiday shopping there. She also has a pal in retail who scored that killer Marc Jacobs bag [I think she paid around $250 for it!!@#$%@!~]. At the J.Crew outlet, the jewelry was on a major sale, [something like 30-50% off?] and the ae coat was around $50 [I really wanted a coat like this for mucking around in]. The Marc Jacobs Lola perfume was my sisters, but her boyfriend also got it for her, so I get this one [YIPEE<3]. The Frye boots were the most expensive gift I got this year, but I gave my mom a bit of dog sitting money that I had kept aroundso we ended up splitting them, around $150 each [yes...I dog sit] . I love them and I'm going to wear them everyday for the rest of my life [they'll have to pry them off my cold, wrinkled, yellow feet when I'm dead].
Overall, I'm really happy with everything I got and I owe my mom a lot [maybe, if I'm feeling really generous, I should make her one of those "kid coupon" booklets that include things like "one free day of cleaning" "four complimentary bathroom cleanings" ;D][kidding! ....sort of]. Feel free to share what you got for the holidays, or what you hope to get some day in the future!
xo, G

No comments:

Post a Comment