22.1.10

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Once again here I am, on my knees, begging for forgiveness. Unfortunately...my schedule hasn't eased up. After realizing I've earned a solid C in math this term...I've been groveling in self pity [seriously]. So, a few days after my little pity-party, I've decided to let out a nasty rant.
Here's the thing. If you don't like what I have to say, stop reading. Don't leave me negative comments, or bad mouth my ideas. On my blog, I get to write what I like, and you can easily "walk away". By complaining to me, you only make yourself look like the fool. If you have something to say though, a rebuttle or a different view, TELL ME. Support your ideas, don't just say "uR St00pId". Try to change my mind. Here goes...
Diversity, equallity, racism, religion, etc, are things we hear about constantly. Frankly, I'm done hearing about it.
What people forget is, talking about diversity (whether it be race, religion, sexuality, geography, cultural backgrounds...) we're not making the situation "better". No matter what you say, it can be construed as a negative remark, you can't please everyone. Instead of trying to be inclusive, we should work on being fair. There's a difference. Fair means if an Asian student has the same grades as a Native American student, they should be given equal opportunity. Inclusive, to me, means trying to give the person you believe is "less fortunate" the greater opportunity. I agree that if someone has had a hard life, and they have risen above and beyond what others "expected" from them, they should be rewarded. But, there needs should not be put in front of someone who worked equally hard. In a nation that boasts "all men and women were created equally", giving precedent to some people and not others is NOT giving that message; inclusiveness had led to exclusion. You can't make everyone happy [hell, we can't even make ourselves happy] so we should stop trying. We should be judged on our character, our morals, our ideas and work ethic. If an institution has members of all races, all cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations and areas, it will be insignificant if they don't have different ideas. Difference in ideas is what sets apart the United States from other nations; not the color or our skin, or the god we do or don't believe in. I don't believe in diversity. I don't believe in putting a Catholic student ahead of a Jewish student. This doesn't mean I think everyone should be a Caucasian, middle class, catholic. I don't believe in diversity because I believe everyone should be given equal opportunity. Totally and completely equal [for people who have learning disabilities I have different opinions]. Judged by our character, not our characteristics. Our ideas are what will shine through at the end of the day. You want world peace? No more wars? First we should focus on our mindset. Until we stop talking about it, equality/universal acceptance is not going to be a reality.
If my ideas have offended you, I apologize. This may not be the politically correct attitude that people are used to seeing, but I'm an individual, I have a brain, and I will draw my own conclusions. From now on, I'll stick to pointless tidbits of my life, with the occasional collage.

xo, G

No comments:

Post a Comment