2.1.10

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

Over the break, I've been revisiting a few of my former music flings and I stumbled upon a few of The Killers earlier songs. I'm completely obsessed. Previously, I thought they were overplayed and full of tween angst. Now I'm smitten. It's not that I think they're amazing musicians with incredible talent, more like I appreciate them at this point in my life. All These Things That I've Done, Dust Land Fairytale, When You Were Young, Read My Mind and Human are my favorites right now [I also love bopping around to their Girls Just Wanna Have Fun cover... o.O]. Honestly, I'm not knowledgeable or opinionated when it comes to "cool" music. Music isn't a large part of my life; I use my iPod when I'm traveling or I can't sleep. I never understood people who were really into music, that "mUsiK iZ mAh LyFee@#@!!" attitude was never mine [if that's yours...power to ya].  Most of my music taste is random and ridiculous, based on what other people give me.I'll avoid bringing it up in my blog because I know many people take music very seriously and I don't feel like getting someones knickers in a twist over the real meaning of Barbie Girl.
There is one more artist that I'd like to bring up, Amanda Palmer. Ms. Palmer is fabulous [in my eyes]. I think her music is fun. My favorites are Blake Says and Astronaut. I don't think her style is as timeless as The Killers, but I enjoy it for the time being.
If anyone has any favorite artists or songs, please let me know! I love listening to other peoples favorite songs [as long as I like the song...lawlz ;)]
xo, G

p.s. Maybe you'll enjoy this?...or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment